Dear Grapevine Public Library Community –
We are excited to begin bringing back more library services! We will be taking a phased approach to reopening due to the quarantining measures recommended by the CDC that we must follow when items are returned to the library. At this time, these are the first steps in our phased reopening plan:
- Outdoor book drop will reopen on Friday, May 1 at 10 am and will be available 24/7.
- Drive-thru will reopen on Monday, May 4 for people who have been notified that they have a hold ready. Please wait until you are notified to come to the drive-thru. This is the preferred point of contact during this time.
- Indoor book drop will be open during our regular hours beginning on Monday, May 4.
- Create It and Children’s areas will be closed to foot traffic. We are creating wonderful take-home craft and STEM kits from these departments for families to enjoy as well as thematic book bundles that can be checked out via the drive-thru. We will have more information about these new services soon!
- There will be no in-person story times, programs or meetings at the Library to help discourage congregating and to facilitate social and physical distancing.
- The front desk area will be open and staff can pull requested items from the shelves for all customers.
- Access to the adult circulating collection and Reference Desk will be controlled, but allowed for adults that wish to browse and self-select items.
- Self-checks will be open. We ask that customers pay close attention to signage and floor guides so that social distancing is maintained.
- Self-serve fax and copy services will be available.
- Internet computers and printers are undergoing system maintenance and improvements, but we will announce when they become available. Once available the number of computers will be limited so that appropriate social distancing can occur. The Library’s WiFi signal can reach the Library’s parking lot, so if you have a device, you should be able to use the WiFi from there.
- Program rooms and study rooms are all closed.
- The majority of seating and tables have been temporarily removed to facilitate safety measures.
The City of Grapevine and its Library are committed to providing great service while also making sure that we follow the State’s requirements as well as our own requirements and safety measures for the public and for staff. Like all businesses, we may need to make adjustments during this process and will keep you informed of changes. We truly appreciate your patience. We have missed you!
Ruth Chiego, Director
Grapevine Public Library