Magazines & Newspapers
MagazinesAll digital magazines and comics that used to be available through RBdigital have now been migrated to Overdrive. They can be accessed through the North Texas Libraries On the Go website [https://ntrls.overdrive.com/ntrls-grapevine/content] through a web browser or through the Overdrive or Libby apps, available in the iTunes App Store and through Google Play.
- Academic Search Complete offers unmatched full-text coverage of information in many areas of academic study including, but not limited to: animal science, anthropology, area studies, astronomy, biology, chemistry, civil engineering, electrical engineering, ethnic & multicultural studies, food science & technology, general science, geography, geology, law, materials science, mathematics, mechanical engineering, music, pharmaceutical sciences, physics, psychology, religion & theology, veterinary science, women's studies, zoology and many other fields. Texshare Password Required
- Grapevine Sun has articles from the 1880s until cessation of publication in 2009.
- Newsbank is a resource for the latest news and articles from hundreds of publictions! There is a section dedicated to Special Reports and Current Events. If older, archived news is what you are wanting, there are several databases within Newsbank including America's Newspapers, America's GenealogyBank, America's Obituaries and Death Notices, and Archive of Americana - the historical index of the Dallas Morning News. Available with Library Barcode
- America's News
- Dallas Morning News
- Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Austin American Statesman
- Grapevine Courier
- Texas Newspapers
- All States
- Newspaper Archives is the world;’s best resource for newspaper articles. With over one billion articles on topics both global and local, your history and the history of your loved ones is easy to find. Available in Library Only
- Newspaper Source Plus provides cover-to-cover full text for more than 40 national (U.S.) and international newspapers, including Christian Science Monitor, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The Times (London), Toronto Star, etc. Texshare Password Required
- AP Associated Press, the essential global news network
- BBC News Online The latest news and information for all things British
- CNN Breaking news, political and current topic artiles
- D Magazine Dallas guide to restaurants, nightlife, things to do, shopping, politics and culture
- FactCheck.org project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the U. of Penn. helping to dispel false claims, distorted facts and misinformation in today’s media environment
- Los Angeles Times Newspaper of Los Angeles, CA
- NPR National Public Radio
- National Federation of the Blind Newsline is an audio newspaper service for the visually impaired. Over 300 newspapers available.
- Online Newspapers browse by geographic region or country
- Texas Newspaper Page from UT-Austin Lists all newspapers in Texas